Monday, October 29, 2012

Spent most of today messing around with the electronics in my apartment to see what worked.
What works:
AM/FM radio
TV, I think though all I get is snow.
Laptop
Router
Refrigerator
electric range

Things that I know don't work:
cell phone
digital camera
microwave
air conditioner
printer
landline phone
tower computer

Every now and then I've checked the door and hot wall. If I'm doing the conversion right they're still about 400 to 500 rad an hour. Depending on how close I hold the counter. The dosimeter itself says I've only been exposed to about 80 rads, give or take. The water from the sink comes out to about one rad every ten minute, so for now it's safe to drink. I think I should fill up a bunch of water bottles just to be on the safe side in case the water pipes get irradiated. 

So far I haven't seen  much activity on the internet, with the exception  of spam bots. I was messing around on twitter and I found where a bunch of spam bots had friended themselves and were going on about their 'lives'. It was weird.. like I'd found something I shouldn't have. Maybe they'll become self aware on their own.

Gonna get some sleep now that I've updated this blog. Hope to see some activity in the world other than me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment