Tuesday, August 1, 2017

sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction

To say I survived the welcome Elko gave me is putting it lightly. I was driving out towards where I figured what I was looking for would be when I got turned around and was stopped looking at a map when a drunk rear ended the car I was using with his truck

I honestly don't remember the impact, and things are a bit blurry after the fact but some firefighters helped me back to the national guard depot just through the tunnel outside of town when I said I was out there working for the order. Said they came on the wreck probably not long after it happened and that I was rendering aid to the other driver... don't really remember that either.. still the docs at the depot, they patched me up right. I should be fine, troublesome that there's no one out here that picked up on any healing magics so it's time and pain pills for my sore back.

I did eventually track down my target, a stolen transport truck (up the route I thought it was up mind you) loaded up with communications equipment that the order deemed necessary for retrieval, but they weren't entirely sure where it was and couldn't just afford to be going off on wild goose chases after every little rumor. They may have more fuel than anybody else, but that doesn't mean they can afford to waste it.

So I'm kinda taking it easy before I head off on that big trip off into the ashlands.. probably another couple weeks and I'll start in on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment